Start Date: ASAP
Applications accepted until position is filled
Organizational Mission, Vision, and Strategic Commitments
One in 5 children experiences learning and attention challenges that limit their school success. For over twenty years Lee Pesky Learning Center has worked together with children, families, schools, and communities to understand and overcome obstacles to learning. Our vision is to create a pathway to learning for every child. We have positioned ourselves to positively impact learners throughout the country.
Lee Pesky Learning Center is an innovative educational nonprofit organization with the mission of working with our clients to understand and overcome challenges to learning so that they can find success in school and in life. The Clinician/Evaluator will administer, score, and interpret psychological and academic tests, and write comprehensive reports.
The Clinician/Evaluator meets with parents and students and also participates in program development and special projects. The Clinician/Evaluator also meets with the Clinical Services Director and Academic Services Director to plan.
As a doctoral-level psychologist, the Clinician/Evaluator may also meet with schools and in-service teachers to provide school-based behavioral or academic consultation.
- Believe in our mission and work tirelessly to help accomplish it
- Present information clearly
- Adapt to different audiences, venues, and challenges
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Self-determined, self-aware, strategic, and resilient
- Flexible team player
- Excellent and appropriate communication skills
- Conduct initial interviews of parents/clients to determine needs
- Administer academic information processing, and self-regulation assessments/tests (including social-emotional or behavioral rating scales) to assigned clients following standardized testing procedures
- Write comprehensive reports including background information, behavioral observations, interpretation of test results, clinical formulation/diagnostic impressions, and recommendations
- Provide feedback to parents/clients to explain results of testing and recommendations
- Conduct “70-hour testing” for clients who complete 70 hours of academic intervention in a specified area
- Participate in program development and special projects as requested by the Clinical Services Director
- Participate in AI planning with Academic Services Director and Educational Specialists.
- Assist Clinical Services Director in training evaluation technicians and clinical interns
- Support social workers/counselors and clinical interns with counseling and coaching clients as needed
Essential Job Functions
- Read and write complex clinical and educational documents in highly efficient manner. Clinician/Evaluator, with support from evaluation tech, must be able to complete approximately 4 comprehensive evaluations per month
- Administer and score standardized educational/academic tests accurately and efficiently
- Maintain confidential records and files
- Remain calm in emotionally-charged situations
- Report to work promptly and regularly
- Follow directions and work well with others
- Work under the stress of deadlines
- Concentrate on tasks to complete and perform accurately
- React to change productively
Education and experience:
- Doctoral Degree in school, clinical, or counseling psychology
- Licensed or license-eligible in the State of Idaho
- Experience working in an educational or clinical situation
- Experience in interviewing clients and administering standardized testing measures
- Child development
- Learning disabilities
- Counseling techniques, primarily cognitive-behavioral
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in both teamwork situations and working independently
- Good problem-solving capabilities
- Maintain confidentiality
- Read, interpret, apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
Compensation commensurate with degree, experience, and skills.
Lee Pesky Learning Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Complete the Application for Employment
- Send these, a cover letter, and a resume to MScott@lplearningcenter.org, or fax to 208-333-0888. Or mail to:
Matt Scott, Director of Operations
Lee Pesky Learning Center
3324 Elder Street
Boise, ID 83705