Start Date: ASAP
Applications accepted until position is filled
Organizational Mission, Vision, and Strategic Commitments
One in 5 children experiences learning and attention challenges that limit their school success. For over twenty years Lee Pesky Learning Center has worked together with children, families, schools, and communities to understand and overcome obstacles to learning. Our vision is to create a pathway to learning for every child. We have positioned ourselves to positively impact learners throughout the country.
The director is responsible for developing and overseeing a comprehensive model of professional development for early childhood educators, care providers, and parents. The director will work closely with the CEO, ED, and an established team of educators at Lee Pesky Learning Center to scale our current training and coaching model (PK –3), as well as develop a comprehensive Birth – 5 model. The position involves collaborating with educational and community entities to support the mission of LPLC, conducting field-based research and evaluation, and creating alliances and partnerships that will extend LPLC’s work at the state and national level.
Responsibilities and functions:
- Create robust professional learning communities for early childhood educators and care providers
- Develop and oversee high-quality professional development services, products, and courses
- Supervise staff of early childhood specialists
- Serve as member of LPLC management team
- Serve the organization through a commitment to designing and/or implementing programs, products, and courses reflecting research-based principles of early childhood education
- Develop trainings, products, and courses related to early learning (e.g., literacy, numeracy, self-regulation)
- Professionally present to a variety of audiences (e.g., state departments; school administrators; etc.)
- Collaborate with professionals internal to the organization (supervisory, horizontal, and subordinate)
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners external to the organization (childcare providers; state agencies; etc.)
- Develop and oversee program budget
Minimum education and experience required:
- Master’s degree in child development, early childhood education, or early childhood special education
- 5 years working/teaching in school settings
- 3 years presenting to educators, administrators, and/or other professionals
- Child development
- Best practices in early childhood education
- Early literacy, mathematics, and self-regulation/social-emotional learning
- Lee Pesky Learning Center’s vision, mission, and strategic commitments
- Complete the Application for Employment.
- Send these, a cover letter, and a resume to MScott@lplearningcenter.org, or fax to 208-333-0888.
Compensation commensurate with degree, experience, and skills.
Lee Pesky Learning Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.