Start Date: ASAP
Applications accepted until position is filled
Organizational Mission, Vision, and Strategic Commitments
One in 5 children experiences learning and attention challenges that limit their school success. For over twenty years Lee Pesky Learning Center has worked together with children, families, schools, and communities to understand and overcome obstacles to learning. Our vision is to create a pathway to learning for every child. We have positioned ourselves to positively impact learners throughout the country.
This position is focused on one-to-one counseling. The counselor will work in cooperation with the services director, lead evaluator, and other staff members to support an integrated service delivery system for the Center’s clients. Qualified candidates must demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and the ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a growing interdisciplinary environment.
- Believe in our mission and work tirelessly to help accomplish it
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Self-determined, self-aware, strategic, and resilient
- Flexible team player
- Excellent and appropriate communication skills
- Provide counseling services in line with the Clinical Department approach
- Assess clients in the area of self-regulation (thoughts, feelings, behaviors; within self, with others, and related to the environment), with both standardized tests and informal or interview measures
- Counsel clients individually and in groups – maintain full caseload of 16-18 contact hours per week
- Work with parents of underage clients to facilitate growth in clients
- Maintain knowledge of current research and participate in ongoing professional development
- Work with Office Assistant to ensure prompt intake and scheduling of all Center clients
- Conduct telephone intakes and case coordination duties as needed
- Ensure accurate and timely billing of services delivered
- Participate in research and other special projects as assigned by Services Director or CEO. These may range from file review and data entry to project coordination and preparation of case studies.
- Applicant must hold a Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field with coursework in clinical theory
- Licensed (or license eligible) in the State of Idaho
- Experience working in an educational or clinical situation
- Experience interviewing clients; delivering short-term, cognitive-behavioral therapy; and interpreting self-report measures
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable in a teamwork situation
- Software and computer proficiency
- Work independently and meet schedules and deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality
- Compensation commensurate with degree, experience, and skills.
Lee Pesky Learning Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Complete the Application for Employment and Counselor Pre-Interview Questionnaire.
- Send these, a cover letter, and a resume to MScott@lplearningcenter.org, or fax to 208-333-0888. Or mail to:
Matt Scott, Director of Operations
Lee Pesky Learning Center
3324 Elder Street
Boise, ID 83705