Start Date: ASAP
Applications accepted until position is filled
Organizational Mission, Vision, and Strategic Commitments
One in 5 children experiences learning and attention challenges that limit their school success. For over twenty years Lee Pesky Learning Center has worked together with children, families, schools, and communities to understand and overcome obstacles to learning. Our vision is to create a pathway to learning for every child. We have positioned ourselves to positively impact learners throughout the country.
Lee Pesky Learning Center is an innovative educational nonprofit organization with the mission of working with our clients to understand and overcome challenges to learning so that they can find success in school and in life. As a lead counselor at Lee Pesky Learning Center, you will provide 1:1 mental health counseling and work within a larger team of clinical psychologists, education specialists, and academic coaches to create and implement individualized programs.
- Believe in our mission and work tirelessly to help accomplish it
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Self-determined, self-aware, strategic, and resilient
- Flexible team player
- Excellent and appropriate communication skills
Clinical and professional
- Assess clients in the area of self-regulation (thoughts, feelings, behaviors; within self, with others, and related to the environment), with both standardized tests and informal or interview measures
- Counsel clients individually and in groups – maintain full caseload of 16-18 contact hours per week
- Work with parents of underage clients to facilitate growth in clients
- Develop and maintain collegial relationship with other agencies and systems related to shared projects, consultation, and marketing of the Center
- Maintain knowledge of current research and participate in ongoing professional development
- Interview potential interns in area of expertise (e.g., Social Work if LCSW; Counseling if LCPC) and select best candidate
- Oversee/supervise interns in area of expertise
- Provide needed training for interns under direct supervision
- Participate in hiring of counselors as requested by Services Director
- Supervise counselors as assigned by Services Director
- Work with Front Desk Coordinator to ensure prompt intake and scheduling of clients
- Conduct telephone intakes and case coordination duties as needed
- Ensure accurate and timely billing of services delivered
- Work with Services Director and Front Desk Coordinator to update policies, procedures, and paperwork related to counseling services as needed; review annually at minimum
- Work with Clinical Director to oversee program evaluation for individual and group counseling services
- Prepare annual summary of program evaluation measures in counseling area
- Participate in research and other special projects as assigned by Services Director or CEO. These may range from file review and data entry to project coordination and preparation of case studies.
- Applicant must hold a Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field with coursework in clinical theory
- Licensed (or license eligible) in the State of Idaho
- Experience working in an educational or clinical situation
- Experience interviewing clients; delivering short-term, cognitive-behavioral therapy; and interpreting self-report measures
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable in a teamwork situation
- Software and computer proficiency
- Work independently and meet schedules and deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality
- Compensation commensurate with degree, experience, and skills.
Lee Pesky Learning Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Complete the Application for Employment and Counselor Pre-Interview Questionnaire.
- Send these, a cover letter, and a resume to MScott@lplearningcenter.org, or fax to 208-333-0888. Or mail to:
Matt Scott, Director of Operations
Lee Pesky Learning Center
3324 Elder Street
Boise, ID 83705