Start Date: ASAP
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Organizational Mission, Vision, and Strategic Commitments
One in 5 children experiences learning and attention challenges that limit their school success. For over twenty years Lee Pesky Learning Center has worked together with children, families, schools, and communities to understand and overcome obstacles to learning. Our vision is to create a pathway to learning for every child. We have positioned ourselves to positively impact learners throughout the country.
Lee Pesky Learning Center is an innovative educational nonprofit organization with the mission of working with our clients to understand and overcome challenges to learning so that they can find success in school and in life. As a Receptionist, you will be responsible for performing front office activities to ensure our clients feel welcome, are well taken care of, and the office runs efficiently. The receptionist delivers excellent, friendly customer service, effectively problem solves, and makes appropriate decisions. Additional, ongoing duties of this position include answering phones, interacting with clients and staff, maintaining clinical and academic records, data entry, supporting our class registration process, and supporting the operations department.
- Believe in our mission and work tirelessly to help accomplish it
- Self-determined, self-aware, strategic, and resilient
- Flexible team player
- Excellent and appropriate communication skills
Manage and perform all receptionist and clerical responsibilities
- Maintain a welcoming, friendly environment for clients, visitors, and staff
- Answer phones, give information to callers, take messages, and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Manage and maintain the cleanliness of the front desk, reception, and client waiting area with a service attitude
Serve as the customer services representative for all service areas with primarily responsibilities for clinical services
- Maintain solid client relationships by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism
- Respond to phone calls in a timely manner
- Assist with the revising intervention schedules and confirming clinical appointments
- Create/maintain accurate client records (paper and electronic)
- Perform cashiering functions: receive payments, answer general billing questions, and update client billing information and submit to bookkeeper.
Provide administrative support to service and operations areas
- Assist with operations record keeping
- Complete closing routines
- Provide support to Center staff (generating documents/copying/faxing etc.) and other duties as assigned
Education and experience:
- Associate Degree or four years of administrative experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Minimum 2 years administrative experience
- Office procedures and equipment operation
- Microsoft Office programs, databases, and web-based applications (see abilities below)
- Confidentiality rules and regulations
- Basic math skills
- Excellent organizational, communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient using a PC with Microsoft Windows and Office (prefer experience with cloud-based applications such as Salesforce)
- Ability to input data quickly and accurately
- Provide effective and efficient customer service
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions
- Maintain accurate filing systems (both electronic and paper)
- Well organized, detail-oriented with a cheerful/positive attitude
- Comfortable in a teamwork situation
Compensation commensurate with degree, experience, and skills.
Lee Pesky Learning Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Complete the Application for Employment
- Send these, a cover letter, and a resume to MScott@lplearningcenter.org, or fax to 208-333-0888. Or mail to:
Matt Scott, Director of Operations
Lee Pesky Learning Center
3324 Elder Street
Boise, ID 83705