Strong early literacy, numeracy and self-regulation skills lay the foundation for later academic success. Early childhood educators need training and coaching to promote these early learning skills in young children.
Our Every Child Ready to Learn project provides ongoing support to early care providers in Idaho who serve young children from low income backgrounds. Together, training specialists from LPLC work with early care providers to ensure that all children have access to high quality early learning experiences.
- Create more pathways to success for children who enter Kindergarten by providing them with school readiness skills
- Improve early reading skills in preschoolers, as measured by the Get Ready to Read screener
- Promote an education system where early care providers can deliver effective, high quality learning experiences
August 2019 – May 2022
- Idaho Department of Health & Welfare
- Idaho Community Foundation
- CapEd Federal Credit Union
- St. Luke’s Community Health Improvement Fund