We have compiled a great list of preschool resources for parents and teachers. These resources include literacy, math and self-regulation activities and routines that can be done at home or school!
Preschool Literacy Resources
Language and Vocabulary Resources:
- Sesame Street has a wonderful website full of fun games for children!
- Storyline highlights famous people reading popular children’s books.
- Scholastic provides hundreds of free online books that are read to children on this site plus wonderful science and social studies videos made for young children.
- Circle Round is a great story time podcast!
- Day by Day Idaho is a great resource with daily songs, books and activities in English and Spanish
- Also, check your local library and their online resources for more story options!
Print Awareness and Alphabet Knowledge Resources:
- Here are ideas for how to use your learning mats from Lee Pesky!
- You can make your own, or purchase mats here.
- This is a great video with ideas on signs to find when going out for a walk!
- PBSKids has some wonderful ABC and print awareness games and ideas. A few of our favorite are linked below:
- Use this link to learn how to make your own name puzzle using an empty cereal box!
- This idea of making a letter museum at home is fun! You can draw photos, or find things around your house.
- YouTube has great videos to help make learning the alphabet fun! Some of our favorites are linked here:
- Here are some free books from Friends on the Block. These would be fun to use as read alouds!
Rhymes and Sound Awareness Resources:
- Get Ready to Read has online games and activity cards.
- PBS Kids has a lot of fun rhyming activities! Some of our favorites are linked here:
- Preschool Mom has activities to help with rhyming, print awareness and fine motor skills
- The Measured Mom has other fun ideas for learning rhyming words!
Preschool Social Emotional Resources
- Here is a great video on our website that explains more about self-regulation so you can better understand social emotional learning.
- Becky Bailey, author of many social emotional books, has some wonderful resources for helping children through the social emotional aspects of this situation.
- Sesame Street has a great site on caring for yourself and others!
- Go Noodle has great brain breaks, videos with learning activities and more!
Other Preschool Resources
Apps for Preschoolers:
- Need some fun activities for parents to do with children? We have the Go PreK! And Go Parents! (ios & android) aps available.
- List of Best Preschool Apps
- Khan Academy
Please check back often as we are updating this list regularly!